The Challenges and Inevitabilities of a Growing Business
In this episode of the Grow Your Damn Business podcast, Joe Meyer talks about the inspiration behind his business, growth tactics, and overcoming challenges as a growing business. Joe is an experienced entrepreneur and the now Founder& CEO of ExecThread, a VC-backed crowdsourcing platform, and premium job-sharing network that enables 450k+ professionals to access the “hidden job market”.
Listen in to learn how to overcome business challenges by believing in your value and having perseverance and persistence. You will also learn how to be intentional in how you position your brand to differentiate yourself from the market.
What You Will Discover:
- 00:00 The Challenges and Inevitabilities of a Growing Business
- 01:04 Joe’s career background and how ExecThread helps executives tap into the job market.
- 02:40 How his dad’s career predicaments inspired him into entrepreneurship.
- 04:11 The opportunity he saw around solving the problem of hidden executive jobs.
- 05:54 Overcoming challenges by believing in yourself and having perseverance and persistence.
- 10:30 Joe shares some of the major potholes ExecThread has faced and how they overcame.
- 15:29 The current approaches Joe is executing to grow and differentiate his business.
- 20:06 The qualities of the talent he looks for and why he focuses on doers, not strategists.
- 22:12 ExecThread’s plan to grow by expanding the network and engaging their members.
- 24:21 He shares the infliction point they’re experiencing and how they overcame past ones.
- 28:34 Rapid-fire questions with Joe!
About Joe Meyer
Founder & CEO of ExecThread, a VC-backed crowdsourcing platform and premium job-sharing network that enables 450k+ professionals to access the “hidden job market”. ExecThread is the largest global aggregator of unpublished executive-level job opportunities.
Successful start-up CEO and operating executive at high-growth tech companies including HopStop (acquired by Apple), Quigo (acquired by AOL) and eBay (EBAY) with a strong track record of recruiting teams, launching new products, raising venture capital, growing traffic, eliciting engagement, scaling revenue and achieving liquidity.
Entrepreneur of the Year in 2012 by Crain’s New York Business, and was #9 on Business Insider’s 2013 “Silicon Alley 100” list (as one of the Top 100 tech executives in NYC).
Former Board Member of the Hoyas Unlimited Board of Governors Company for Georgetown University, and previously on the Board of Directors of Kalexo (acquired by Autodesk) and Belief Networks (acquired by Benefit Focus), and also served on the Board of Advisors of Adtuitive (acquired by Etsy), Spongecell (acquired by Flashtalking, Inc., which was subsequently acquired by Mediaocean) and Snooth (wine discovery platform).
Connect with Joe: